The house of Stephan and Christine Cloos-Ristich sits at the heart of Giverny. Built in 1836, it is located between the Musee des Impressionnismes (200 yds) and the
former Hôtel Baudy (50 yds), just a brief stroll away from the House and Gardens of Claude Monet (Fondation Claude Monet, 300 yds), and other facilities.
A part of the property has been represented in several paintings, such as « The Wedding March » (1892) by Theodore Robinson, depicting the wedding day of
the american artist Theodore Earl Butler with Suzanne Hoschedé, one of Claude Monet’s step-daughters. Monet and Suzanne lead the way with Alice Hoschedé-Monet
and the groom walking by the ivy covered eastern wall of the garden. Another part of the property also appears in the painting « Road looking west towards the
church » (1890) by Dawson Dawson-Watson, where one part of the gate and the thatched roof of an out-house (nowadays, the gallery "Espace 87") are
visible at right. CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO SEE MORE.