The museum origin is a private collection of steam internal combustion engines ;
founded in 1955 by the GUILLEMARD family a GIVERNY resident’s since générations.
Former threshing entrepreneur and blacksmith ADOLPHE Guillemard has transmitted
to his children his know-how and passion for the vintage mechanies.
Along years, purchasing, donations of engines pile-up
awaiting for the needed parts or just a time to restore.
Since 1982 the number of collected items inereased due to closing of workshops, factories or mills.
The preservation of these engines was a rescue task, numbers of testimonials items already gone.
In 1990 the collection find home in the actual local
where the engines are in permanent show,
installation of the CARELS 1908 diesel engine weighting 28 tons
keep the team busy for months on overhauling and restoration ;
it becomes in 2003 the world bigger old running diesel engine.
THE MUSEUM DE MECANIQUE NATURELLE. Association under 1901 law,
founded by the GUILLEMARD brothers : Jean-pierre, René and Gérard
currently run restorations and exhibitions with the help of an enthusiasts team
who devoted their time and known-how to the Patrimony préservation.